What to say about Cirque Berserk think circus without the big top and animals but with adrenaline filled action and one very cheeky loveable clown. Think show girls, ring masters,flames and big stunts.
I sat constantly on the edge of my seat with my mouth wide open. The audience was wowed and at times you could hear a pin drop as we all held our collective breathe. Think amazing performances of death defying feats including the famous Globe of Death.
I throughly enjoyed my night in the Grand Opera House watching Cirque Berserk. I don’t want to give too much away as this show is surprising and fun you are better to attend with an open mind BUT here are are a few of my highlights:
- The Timbuktu Tumblers these guys put a simple forward roll on the map.
- Jose and Gaby’s balance performance is elegant and beautiful.
- The Tropicana Troupes performance is one that had me hiding behind my hands but yet I was mesmerised, it’s amazing how they somersault through the air.
- Add to that Toni the Czech knife throwers act another one I was glued to but with my heart in my mouth.
- Anyone who’s attempted pole dancing (even just at a hen do) will relate to the amazing moves of Laci Fossett.
- Tweedy the clown is charming and funny with a lot of slapstick comedy.
There is so much more to add but go and see for yourself. Cirque Berserk is in the Grand Opera House Belfast until Sunday but tickets are limited so get booking now at http://www.goh.co.uk.
Emer D xx