I am an eternal single, I meet guys and end up in the friend zone quicker than you can say Boo to a goose. Seriously male population I have enough friends, if I meet you and I try desperately to flirt with you take note! I’m actually at the point of contemplating First Dates or Dinner Date (two of my favorite TV binges!)
OK less of my love life..with Valentines Day approaching and being a singleton I can find there is a lot of negativity towards the single life so here’s my remedy and my motto in life TREAT YOURSELF! If you see a gorgeous big bunch of flowers and you can’t remember the last time someone bought you some buy them! If you fancy that sparkling piece of jewellery buy it after all if you weren’t single think of all the money you would have to spend on someone else.
So here’s my Valentines gift buying blog and guess what these are gifts just for you:
- Candles and room scents! I adore nothing more than being in my PJ’s relaxing in the warmth of indoors surrounded by candles. They just make me feel so much more cosy. This maybe a girl thing but there is nothing more romantic,intimate and soothing than candlelight. My favorite candle at the moment (now that I have burnt through my Christmas stash) is Bog Standards Linen Candle and they currently have a Spring Sale on so get stocking up.
- Sugar and Spice and all things nice… I am a sugar fiend and well my favourite treat at the moment is Fudge, Granny Shaw’s fudge to be precise! I was lucky to be sent a box of this treat to sample and I have to admit it was fabulous. Sweet, soft and with some amazing flavours my favourite being the unusual Iron Bru , followed by the Rum and Raisin.Check them out at grannyshawsfudgefactory.co.uk.
- A new eye-catching dress! I don’t want to be single forever. My pick for the month of love, this little black number (with the eye-catching detail) and this sultry red dress from the Fabulous Boutique. I feel more confident and happy when dressed up and it’s not dressing for anyone else but myself.Check out the details here www.fabulousboutique.net .
- Something that sparkles and shines always makes me smile. You may have read my piece (What makes you feel confident?) where I talk about my Pandora heart ring which I wear every day and why I do. This year I think I may spoil myself with the matching necklace what do we think? Check it a little bit of bling for yourself at http://www.argento.co.uk.
- An alternative Date night! Who says we need another half to go out over Valentines. Grab your gang head out and see a play (check out my latest reviews if you need inspiration), grab dinner or my choice this year go catch a film. Although I am looking forward to the release of Fifty Shades Darker next week my choice this year is a classic; Dirty Dancing. Did you know that Dirty Dancing Turns 30 this year and to celebrate its being shown on the big screen on Valentines Day. I’ve my tickets booked and can’t wait. Check out http://www.odysseycinemas.co.uk if you want more info on this one.That’s it guys, five simple things that will make me happy this year (and I haven’t included roses, chocolates or cuddly toys but feel free to send them in my direction) and if you are feeling unloved this year just remember I love you all.
Emer D xx